Creative Critical Reflection Draft 3

In creating our film The Neighbor, I was in charge of creating our script and creating our characters. Meredith was in charge of the editing for our film, Rachel took charge of directing, and Lauren took the role in creating our storyboard. I chose to create our script considering I have good creative writing skills and was passionate towards creating the script. In doing this, as a group, we all came to the conclusion that we wanted the genre of our film to be horror. Although many films are in the genre of horror, we wanted to make ours a little more creative and a different sense of feeling of horror/thriller. Along with creating the script, I also took part in acting, filming, and time management.

 My production skills developed throughout our film in a positive way. As we rehearsed our script, I also gave my group members some feedback on how we should execute our lines to best fit each of our characters. By doing this, it allowed me to change some of our script once I formed a base for what we had in mind. As time went on, my group and I became more comfortable with our script because I was able to create lines that best fit the personalities for each character. In creating our script, at times Rachel and I would come together to come up with ideas if I was uncertain of lines and movement for our script. Since she played the role as our director, it was easier putting two heads together that were working in the same field. Since I was forming movements and speaking roles, she gave me advice for what she thought would be best for certain camera shots and angles to best fit the scenes.

Our entire group all participated by acting as well. I played the role of Sarah who is one of Ally's best friends and it was a very different experience for me. I had never acted before, besides making small funny videos with my friends for fun. Because my group and I have not necessarily acted before, it did take some time for us to cooperate and focus clearly. We did struggle at times when saying our lines because sometimes someone would laugh and sometimes someone would accidentally say the wrong words. Although we struggled at times, I believe we still provided a great film with the little acting experience we had.

Along with acting, I also participated in helping film certain camera shots and angles for our film. My group members and I each contributed to film at least one scene, so we could all take a part in the filming process.

One last production skill is time management. As a group, we all came together to discuss when and where we would start filming and work our schedules around that time. In our film, we had to film at both day and night to go along with the script for our film. There were times where my group and I struggled . to come up with a time to film with our busy schedules every day. We always worked our way around anything and managed our time to film and made sure we had enough time when we did.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Target Audience Research- Get Out

Distribution Research- Get Out

Target Audience Research- A Quiet Place